- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Funday

Hi, it's 10:00pm on Sunday night and I'm exhausted. But I had a good day.

Today I went to my first NFL game ever! At the Meadowlands! A group of about 10 people from work went to the Giants game this afternoon. Our seats were kinda great.



Bethany and I may have been running a bit late this morning, so we navigated NJ Transit ourselves, quite successfully I might add, and met the rest of the crew at the stadium around 11 this morning. We joined co-worker Laura's dad at his tailgate, where he had an excellent set up with his grill and took good care of us.

It was a lovely day for tailgating. (Even if I was tired from celebrating the Horn's victory last night.) We also learned that our ohsokind co-workers were taking bets on whether we'd be able to make it out of the City and into Jersey on our own. Sweet, aren't they? Take that co-workers. We can read signs!

Our seats were on the shade side. I'd been advised that it's about 20 degrees colder on the shade side than the sun side. But it really wasn't too bad.

What was bad, was the 13-yr-old kid behind us that felt the need to scream his professional football opinion at. every. play. I mean, I guess he gave us something to roll our eyes and laugh about during the game? Or I guess we could admire their...umm...passion for Giants football?

The Giants beat the Falcons in OT. It was a good game. And a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment