- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hey, It's OK...

I am a loyal Glamour magazine reader. Not the kind of flip-through-and-look-at-the-pictures reader, but a real reader. Cover-to-cover style.

One of my favorite sections is appropriately titled "Hey, it's OK..." A single-page column offering an amusing list of everyday type things that you may or may not relate to, and somehow totally rationalizes the quirks. It's completely pointless and silly and yet, it's my favorite part of the entire magazine!

Every once in awhile there is a fantastic-ly "ME" line that makes me laugh out loud. And in September 2007, there was magically an entire "Hey, it's OK..." column that could have been written just especially for me!

Hey, it's OK. . .

. . .to be entirely unapologetic about your hermit streak. (What are you, a socialite?)

. . .to still need to say "righty tighty, lefty loosey" to screw and unscrew stuff.

. . .to order an uncool drink at the bar. Wine spritzer anyone?

. . .to have a teeny-weeny crush on your best friend's boyfriend. Acting on crush: not OK!

. . .to put real thought into decorating your cubicle. Hey, you do kind of live there.

. . .if you've never seen the classics -- Gone with the Wind, The Godfather, even Bambi.

. . .if your idea of "changing a flat" is putting on a pair of high heels.

. . .to insist on treating your friend to dinner, then cross your fingers she doesn't order the steak.

. . .to check yourself out in the mirror the second you get home from the gym, and think, Skinnier!


Ohsoperfect, right? And it's had a special place hanging in my cubie at work ever since it was discovered.

Hey, it's OK. . .
. . .to stay home on a Friday night and catch up on your DVR.
No shame.


1 comment:

  1. Haha I love this! I'm exactly like that too. I also love the very last page. Its very tempting not to flick to the last page the minute I get my beloved Glamour!

    ReplyDelete