- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Music Overload. DVR Overload. Life Overload?

Confessions: Things I just can't seem to keep up with lately --

1. Music. There are so many new songs and albums out right now and I want all. of. them.

Taylor Swift's re-released Fearless album + new songs, Carrie Underwood, Glee - The Music! Tim McGraw, Kris Allen, MJ This is It, Jay-Z, John Mayer. . .ok, I'm too overwhelmed to continue. Why can't I keep up with music? Why do I wait until there are so many songs I want and decide to go on a buying spree?

2. DVR. Really. I am over-commited to TV. How is this possible?

Mad Men, Gossip Girl, OTH, House, GLEE! Grey's, The Office, The Good Wife, Vampire Diaries, Top Chef, Project Runway, FlashForward, SYTYCD, 90210, Greek. . .again, too overwhelmed to continue. I've always been able to keep up with my shows. I like my DVR like my email inbox. Everything watched / read and cleared out when I'm done with it. TV becoming overwhelming. Who would have thought?

3. Errands. Overload. You know, those life things that if you don't take care of them, no one else will? Yeah, I'm the worst at those.

I have about $50 worth dry cleaning being held hostage because I can't seem to get home before my dry cleaner closes. (Hey, at least I dropped it off!) I have 2-3 pairs of shoes sitting on my floor that I need to drop off at the Shoe Doc. The zipper on my puffy coat has been broken since April - have I yet to take it to the tailor? (yeah, Mom, I know...you told me) 3 bags of clothes from my latest closet clean-out also sitting on my floor that I need to take to Goodwill - it's only 1/2 a block away. I'm a mess.

4. Birthdays. There are just too many in October / November / December. I can't keep up! And it makes it harder when these gifts need to be mailed south in time for bday's. Stress.

Keith, Les, Berit, Shane, Mom, Angie, Kayla, Bethany, Casey, Dad, Jamie

5. Sleep. For the past few weeks I feel like I've had something to do / somewhere to be every night. And it keeps me up late. Clearly it's not the TV distracting me (see #2). I just can't seem to figure out why I'm so tired all the time. Can I blame blogging?


1 comment:

  1. I can't keep up with my DVR either and I watch about 1/3 of the shows you do. We need vacays!!!

    ReplyDelete