- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

the little things

i usually talk to my mom everyday. maybe only for a few minutes, maybe about nothing in particular, but still, usually everyday.

she's been gone for the past week on this silly mini-vacay with my dad. and i was quite surprised to realized that i kinda missed our quick daily chats. over the past week there were so many things that i would have liked to tell her and couldn't. because she wasn't there to listen! you think i'm crazy don't you?

i typically will call her on my walk to the subway or on my way home from the gym - "hi. i'm on my way here. did you find out about this? how's that going? oh, and yesterday this happened..." - etc, etc, you see what i'm saying. so this week i found myself picking up my phone to call her, when i remembered that she wasn't there. it's a weird feeling not telling her whatever little random things i think of on a daily basis. totally throws me off. i don't like it.

AND today is mom's birthday. so i felt like this post dedicated to her was fitting for today. and also...

happy happy birthday mommy! i love you very much!

thanks for coming back from cruising so that i can talk to you everyday again. apparently i still like you to know where i am and what i'm doing. will i ever grow out of that? better question, do you want me to?

love!

2 comments:

  1. mom says thanks baby girl for the "shout out" and the answer is nope, you shall never outgrow the need for me to know where you are and what you are doing! much love!

    ReplyDelete