- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Saturday, November 21, 2009

Struggles

I am really bad at alarms.

Like, really bad. I am one of those people that has to set my clock 10 minutes fast to keep myself on time. I have to press snooze at least once before I can get out of bed in the morning. And a lot of the time, I press snooze for 15-20 minutes before forcing myself to get up. It's a problem.

Twice this week I turned off my alarm in my sleep without even knowing it. Which is really worse than pressing snooze. It causes me to wake up in a panic. Because as hard as it is for me to get out of bed, I hate to be late. Hate it.

This morning I was supposed to be across town at Jamie's at 10am to send her off to Atlanta and then see a morning movie with Hannah. Unfortunately, I woke up at 9:45am after turning off my alarm without waking up. Panic! Good thing cabs are fast and I made it there to say goodbye. I would have been pretty upset if I hadn't.

So really, I don't know what to do about this problem. I can set 2 alarms, I can set them early, I can stagger them, still I struggle with turning them off in my sleep. Suggestions welcome.

Like I said, I am really bad at alarms.

1 comment:

  1. I'm like that, you should put one alarm next to you and then set another alarm like three minutes later across the other side of the room, one of those annoying sounding ones, so you HAVE to get out of bed to turn it off. Its the only thing that works for me without just ignoring them.

    ReplyDelete